Sunday, February 10, 2013

My People

You are not hallucinating, this is Candace. I am back from my mission at least for a while, and I have been released, so I have taken back over my blog. I do believe that is the first time I haven't introduced myself as Sister Smith in about 5 months :)

I got back on January 29th, and I wasn't sure what I would write on here, but I think that right now, I would like to share some of the experiences and people I got to meet. I love them all so much, and I was able to learn from each and every one of them. They deserve to be recognized.

Connie was a wonderful lady. She was baptized when she was young, and then took care of her parents when they got cancer one right after the other and died. She went without a lot of the luxuries of life, and taught me how to enjoy what I have in the moment. She has a strong faith in the Savior, and knew that she was a daughter of God. She let the sisters into her home and welcomed the missionary lessons. She even asked us a couple times if we planned out our lessons and if she could have more of those lessons :) She was a very sweet lady. She taught herself how to drive to church so that she could get there early every time and meet new people. She taught me Southern Hospitality and a couple of good southern phrases. There are only a few that I meet with a good strong accent, and she was one :)

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say that I'm really proud of you. Your an amazing person.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment at anytime!