Monday, January 28, 2013

January 28, 2013 I'm Coming Home


Dearest Loving People,

It has been a hard couple of months out here. I wouldn't ever trade it for the entire universe. My knee problems got in the way of the work though, and so this week I am headed home for a medical release. We'll all see what the future brings.

So, as much as I would love to tell you about every single thing that happened this week, I would like to rely on the power of my calling as a missionary and bear my testimony.

I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that he loves me. He went through EVERYTHING that I will ever have to go through because that is how much he cares for me and wants my happiness. I know that this is all true for each and every person who has lived or ever will live.

I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that he followed God's will in restoring Jesus Christ church on the earth today. I know that the teachings of the church are true and that it is up to each and every one of us to decide what to do with them. I know that as we pray and study and become closer to God, we will be happier in our lives if we will simply let ourselves. I know that Gratitude is such a strong value that it becomes tangible when we use it in our day to day lives. I know that Heavenly Father loves each of us and wants to give us everything that we need to succeed at our goals and more.

I know that the Book of Mormon and the Bible are the word of God. I know that they have been given to us as a tool to become closer to our Heavenly Father, his son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. I know that we can receive answers to any question we may have in them, if it be God's will. I know that the Book of Mormon has strengthened me in my life, and that by reading it everyday, I have grown much closer to my Father in heaven, and that I have more fully come to understand His will for me.

Last, I know that I was sent on a mission to invite others to come unto Christ by receiving the restored Gospel, which is faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. I know our brother Jesus Christ ALWAYS wants us to come closer to him, no matter where we may be in our lives. I know that the gospel is the way to happiness and true joy. I know that I was able to facilitate others feeling the Spirit and coming closer to Christ. I know that although I did not serve my full 18 months, that I can serve no matter where I am. I know that the Lord has much bigger and better plans for me than I could ever have for myself, and that if I will simply take his hand and follow where He leads me, I will fulfill my soul's sincerest desires. I know that I am a daughter of God, and that my Heavenly Father loves me more than I can even comprehend.

I know that sincere, earnest prayer will lead us to our Heavenly Father's waiting arms. Prayer is one of the most important blessings in my life. I know that I can always pray, whereever I am, whoever I am with, whatever I am doing.

I know that my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, died and suffered for me and everyone else. I know that he always has his arms stretched out towards us. I know that he lives and that he loves EVERYONE.

I know these things are true, and I know that you can know too.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

I love you all! Please, remember that you are loved and there is always someone waiting to listen to you.

Love,

SISTER Candace M. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at anytime!