Monday, January 28, 2013

January 22, 2013


January 22, 2013‏

Sister Candace Smith

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!!!!

The Hale family that I told you about last week is awesome! They committed to come to church this week, so when Sunday cam around and the car wouldn't start, they simply walked to church! They apologized for being late after walking over a mile with the mom, an 11, 6, and 3 year old. The husband didn't come, but it was amazing to see how much the mom wants her kids to have a foundation in Christ. Awesome family!

I've been pretty sick this week, so we haven't left the apartment a ton. sorry, but I don't have a lot to write.

We were told the last total that they got of sisters coming out is 7 in February and 13 in March. There are only 14 sisters out here, so many sisters will be double training! That's crazy!

1. How are you getting along with your new companions? Spencer how is the new area?

I'm getting along great with my companion. She is really funny. This week we were listening to Primary songs in the car (I am really low on good music). We got to the song that says, "if you don't walk as most people do..." Sister Young started singing it randomly later that day and we finally realized what it said. It was so funny!

2.  Spencer, does the weather ever get cold there? I always see it in the 70's or 80's.

Here it is COLD!!!!!! It was 31 degrees when we went to district meeting at 10:30am bleh

3. What was your most spiritual experience this week?

We are working with a less active member who decided he wants to come back. He referred himself through Mormon.org (AWESOME!!!). Anyway, we brought Brother Bergaust from the ward with us, and I had been led to Helaman 5:12 during Personal Study that morning. We committed him to read the Book of Mormon everyday. Then we shared Mosiah 4:27 where it talks about not pushing ourselves too hard but still being diligent (something I'm definitely working on!). He was just so in tune with the spirit the entire lesson. At the end, I kept being prompted to open my mouth and start to ask a question. The question that came ouit was, "As you are pushing yourself to change and working so hard to become like Christ, what would you like our help with? How would you like us to help and support you with this?" It was like a huge wave of the spirit crashed down on us right then. It was powerful. Opening our mouths is a very important thing to remember to do, no matter where we are in our lives.

4.  Do you eat dinner with members?

All the time. Dinner last night got canceled, so they brought us pizza instead. Yum! We have dinners this week everyday but Tuesday and Friday.

5.  What is one thing that we did as a family that helped you prepare for your mission?

I think really knowing that I could gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon on my own, and that I can always find the answers. So many people rely on the missionaries or leaders for all of their answers, when they can receive personal revelation through prayer and reading the scriptures. It is a really interesting thing, because I don't really understand that outlook very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at anytime!