Monday, October 3, 2011

"Come what may and love it!"

My name is Candace M. Smith. I am a native of Arizona, the lovely hot state that I love. I am not experienced in blogging at all, but I figured now is one of the best times to start. This post will be short, but there are more to come.


Life has tons of twists and turns and I discovered recently that the reason that I felt so stuck in a rut was because I anticipate these turns. I wouldn't allow myself to dream because what if something prevented my dreams from coming true? What if I wasn't determined enough to accomplish my dream?


Well, I have decided that I've had enough of that talk. In the words of a favorite poem,

"I am finished and done with low living, sight walking,
small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams,
chintzy giving, and dwarfed goals."

If you haven't read this poem, it is called "The Fellowship of the Unashamed". It is an amazing poem about being a disciple of Jesus Christ.I have the Schlappi family to thank for my introduction to it. It will be my motto as I work to allow myself to dream.


Anyway, for those few who might someday read this blog, :)


Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at anytime!