Monday, December 24, 2012

December 10, 2012

Pictures!

Atlanta Georgia Temple

Atlanta Georgia Temple Stained Glass




My heritage: My Great-Grandma (Sis Lovell), 
My G-ma(Sis Lapin), my mom and me! I love it!


Sister Lovell, one of the best people ever!
Mission Sisters Luncheon

December 10, 2012

To start off this wonderful email, I would like to address ALL of the skyping emails. I cannot skype on Sunday. I get about 30-45 minutes, and I'm not quite sure what time of the day. We are still working on it, but we are focusing on all the missionary stuff that has been happening this week, so not much progress yet.

So, I haven't got a haircut yet. When I do, I'll try to take pictures. There is a cute young couple in our ward who are great ward missionaries. The wife is going to cut our hair tomorrow because that is the only time we can.

This week has been super busy! It has been nice to be able to handle all of the work that we have had the pleasure of enjoying :)

We had a wonderful lunch this week with all the sister's in the mission. The number of sisters will probably double by March. It was nice to meet everyone and go to Macaroni Grill together.


This week was so busy that while weekly planning, I was not able to set the phone down for 1.5 hours! There were continuous phone calls and texts to be made and answered. It was VERY tiring. I remember when I thought I would mostly escape a cell phone by going on a mission. Yeah right...

This week we picked up 4 new investigators! The work is really hopping now. There are two for each ward.

Wen-wen is Chinese from mainland China. She is not very good with English, but I guess she is doing much better now. We taught her about Christ and how to pray. The next day we were texting her, and she said that she would totally like to learn more. We are having a team up who knows mandarin so that we have a back up when it is really hard to teach simply. She has no religious background, so we are literally starting from ground zero here.

Laura is showed up at North Point with a friend several weeks ago. We took her to the Festival of the Nativity, where they had TONS of Nativities from all over the world. Her family is from Mexico and we kept an eye out for one from Mexico when we cam across one which was the size of at least half our dinner table (The conference one at home). It included greenery, elephants, a stream, and even a pond with two real goldfish in it! It was incredible. We declared her country the winner. We prayed with her before she left the festival and that was a super spiritual experience. We are definitely taking this one slow because she has been pushed so much by so many other churches to convert right away. We told her how we pray and find truth and told her the Book of Mormon would help in her search.

McKenzie received a priesthood blessing this week because things have been crazy at work and she just got back from Ohio. We don't know if she told her mom that she is getting baptized, but she was given a lot of peace and strength in the blessing, so it will all be okay.

We didn't see Hollee this week :( I definitely got to text her though. We are focusing on unconditional love.

Shirrell and her family...I forgot the husband's name. Oops! They also came to the festival of the nativity. We went on splits on Thursday. I taught Connie while the other sisters dropped by Shirrell's house, who they knew from when they were companions in July/August. They caught her and she seems ready to be taught :) She seems awesome :)

Hey, did you know that there is a video on lds.org about Same sex attraction? It looks cool...Random thought :)

Mom, you asked what my companions would like for Christmas. First of all, they already LOVE the ornaments you sent in my package.

-Sister Lovell would like a big hug, another Sister Smith angel for the top of her tree, and a cool Arizona Souvenir, but we want to
send it to her home address, which I will give you later. I'll give her a coupon for it :)

-Sister Worthington would like a cool Arizona souvenir, and a HUGE hug! And pictures of the puppies sent to my email.

Or, I could just take both my companions to lunch at Panera, and that is the best present we could all get :)

---------Where do you think Tyler and Andrew go? Where do you think McKenna will go? Georgia or Peru would both be fun.

McKenna, come to Georgia! I'll train you! Tyler will go to New York :) Andrew will go to Alaska

-----Have either of you received any packages? They have been in the mail for awhile. Well they should be there. 


I got a package this week. It was completely squished on one side, so the tree stand is kind of broken and so was the etched glass thing. I got to see what it should look like though because they had one just like at the Festival of the Nativity!

Mission party is on the 19th. That's next week.

-------What is the weirdest thing you have eaten on your mission?

Not vegetarian, not vegan, but microorganic or something like that. My body hated it! Not happy :) Ate more chocolate :)

-------How many of your investigators got to Church this week?

None :( It was stake conference, which was like 45 minutes away in Cumming, GA

--------What was your most spiritual experience this week?

Probably with Wen-Wen. It was awesome to see her willingness to learn. She can feel the spirit so well because the words are not as distracting to her I think. She is so full of faith already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at anytime!